Kevin M. Braun
Lakewood, CO 80226
303-238-8801 H 303-601-3121 C
OBJECTIVE: To attain an IT position at a fast paced company as a Helpdesk Desktop Support Technician, Helpdesk Manager or Network administrator which will utilize my education, experience, trouble shooting skills and abilities in customer service, management, desktop and network usage while still being challenging and allowing me to expand my knowledge of computer hardware, software and operating systems.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0 Server and Workstation, Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003 Professional and Server, Windows 95/98, Windows ME, Windows 3.1x, DOS
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DLC and NetBEUI
Hardware: Compaq Proliant Servers, Compaq/HP Workstations, Dell Workstations, Dell Notebooks, Gateway Notebooks, Compaq/HP Notebooks, Toshiba Notebooks, Palm PDA, Hewlett Packard Printers (9500 MFP), Extreme Network Switches, CAT5 cable, modems and network adapters
Network Software: Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft DHCP Services, Microsoft WINS, Microsoft Active Directory Services, Microsoft Cluster Server, Microsoft SMS, NetIQ Appmanager, CheckPoint Firewall, NetSupport Remote Control 5.0, WebTrends Analysis Suite 7.0, WebTrends E-Business Reporting Center 4.0a, Computer Associates Arcserve Backup 6.61IT, Veritas Backup Exec 8.5, Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, Symantec Anti-virus Suite (Gateway and Exchange), Trend Anti-virus Corporate Edition, HP Openview Storage Data Protector, Interactive Intelligence Phone System (I3), WIN-PAK 2, Mimesweeper for SMTP 5.0.
Desktop Software: Microsoft Office Suite 2000/2003/2007 and XP, Microsoft FrontPage 2000, Visio 2000, Adobe Photoshop 6.01, Microsoft Publisher 2000, Corel Draw 6, Norton Anti-virus Corporate Edition, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Foxfire.
Certifications: A+ Certified (1997), Toshiba Notebook and Desktop Repair Certified (1997), Brainbench certification in Computer Technical Support (2001), Brainbench Master certification in Computer Fundamentals (2001), Brainbench certification in Citrix Administration (2001), Brainbench certification in MS Exchange Server 5.5 Administration (2001)
· Microsoft Windows XP/2000/2003 administration and technical support for 75+ users.
· Trained users on use of Windows 2000/XP, Microsoft Office Suite 2003-2007, Internet Explorer and custom software specific for the securities industry.
· Maintained and repaired HP/Compaq workstations and printers on a daily basis.
· Worked support tickets as assigned by HEAT helpdesk system as well as receiving phone calls and e-mails from users requiring support.
.· Provided phone support for 15 users in San Francisco and Glendale, CA offices.
· Administered IVR phone system using Interactive Intelligence (I3) platform.
· Monitored 40,000 + e-mails daily using Mimesweeper for SMTP.
· Microsoft Exchange 2003 Administrator in multi-site configuration.
· Maintained 200+ node local LAN and ensure connectivity to corporate WAN.
· Maintained Kixtart logon script for all North American offices to automate drive mappings and other functionalities.
· Provided support to technicians in other sites in troubleshooting various network and workstation issues.
· Provide 24/7 support of servers, network and end users.
· Analyzed web server log files for commercial web site using WebTrends Enterprise Suite 5.5, WebTrends Analysis Suite 7.0 and WebTrends E-Business Reporting Center 4.0 to determine activity of a dynamic web site using URL Parameter Analysis, URL Search and Replace, Advertising Statistics and Content Group Analysis.
· Provided training for end users on proper interpretation of WebTrends Reporting Center 4.0 results.
· Assisted in the maintenance and upgrade of 100+ Windows 2000 Professional notebooks including software upgrades and registry adjustments.
September 1997-May 2001
Webb Interactive Services, Inc
· Performed maintenance and upgrade of 150+ workstations and notebooks on a daily basis including Mac Systems.
· Supervised and assisted three desktop technicians in daily operations of network administration and desktop support.
· Built, maintained and performed trouble shooting for 40+ Compaq Proliant Windows NT 4.0 Servers.
· Microsoft Exchange 5.5 E-mail administrator (built and maintained system).
· Investigated and deployed new software and hardware solutions at desktop and server level.
· Designed and maintained three tier Anti-virus solution for Corporate Network, Corporate and client e-mail systems using Symantec Norton Anti-virus suite).
· Maintained DNS administration and registration (through InterNIC or NetSol) for 60+ domains on 4 domain name servers using BIND 8.3 and BIND for NT.
· Primary contact responsible for purchasing ˝ to 1 million dollars per year of workstations, notebooks, accessories, memory and software from multiple vendors.
· Responsible for processing warranties and returns of defective workstations, servers and notebooks.
· Instructed employees on use of Windows 95/98, NT, 2000, Microsoft Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Office 97/2000 Suite and other software programs.
· Maintained 140+ user, multi-domain LAN on WinNT 4.0 Network using Microsoft DHCP and WINS.
· Provided phone based support for dial-up clients as part of ISP functionality in configuring Windows dial-up networking and POP e-mail configuration for Outlook, Outlook Express and Netscape Mail.
· Installed and maintained high availability web server network using F5 BigIP load balancing and NetIQ Appmanager monitoring system.
· Webmaster for 20+ client websites using MS IIS4 and Apache on Compaq Proliant Servers in a clustered environment.
· Provided QA for product lines including WebbMe, Sitebuilder and Sage Accounting System.
· Maintained backup system for entire company consisting of 40+ servers at approximately 300GB of data per week using Computer Associates Arcserve Backup 6.61IT and 15 tape DLT 70 jukebox.
· Used WebTrends Enterprise Suite 5.5c to analyze web server log files and created corresponding websites for 4 web servers and over 20 websites.
· Provided 24/7 Support of servers, end users and network while on Pager Duty (monthly rotating cycle).
Technical Services Lead
January 1997-Sept. 1997
· Supervised daily operations of computer repair and upgrade center.
· Supervised 5 other full and part time technicians in upgrades center.
· Assisted customers in a help desk capacity with software and hardware problems.
· Provided phone support for customers with software and computer hardware problems.
· Repaired and upgraded PCs, notebooks and printers.
· Installed and configured software including Windows 95, 98 and NT operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Symantec Norton Anti-virus and other assorted programs.
· Repaired, upgraded or constructed over 1000 desktop/notebook systems in 9 month period.
Computer Upgrades Lead
May 1995-January 1997
· Supervised daily operations of the Computer Upgrades Center including managing 5 other full and part time computer technicians.
· Supervised 20+ computer sales people while holding position of Computer Sales Lead.
· Upgraded, trouble shooting and repair of personal computers.
· Retail sales of desktop/notebook computers and accessories.
· Installed and configured software including Windows 3.11, 95, 98 and NT operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and other assorted programs.
Head Information Clerk
August 1991-May 1994
University of Colorado
Department of Housing
· Assisted in housing and conference services as a Conference Aide.
· Supervised daily operations of Residence Hall office after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
· Developed monthly work schedule for 6 other information clerks.
· Instructed residence hall students in Macintosh lab and maintained computer equipment.
· Supervised 12 student employees in evening operations of dining room.
· Supervised 10 student employees in daily and weekend operations of Residence Hall office.
EDUCATION: University of Colorado at Boulder
B.A in the School of Arts and Science
Graduated August 1994